recent ordinances make it possible to start preparations for field work in the form of excavations.
– contact the instructors, with whom you have already spoke, they have information on what guidelines apply when organizing excavations (what will you have to know and what to expect)
– the number of people in the excavation group will be very limited (up to 10 people per stay)
– third-year undergraduate and second-year master’s students who must carry out excavations to complete their studies and are not enrolled in any so far – please contact Mr. Marcin Wagner – there is a possibility to take part in excavations conducted in Warsaw (if there are places, also other students will be allowed to apply for them)
– students who lack up to 50 hours of excavations to complete their studies may ask for “excavations equivalent” at the Institute (they will work with the excavated artefacts at the Institute’s storage house)
– students who for health (or other) reasons cannot carry out the missing excavation exercises, can carry out some of these exercises in the form of work in a museum-type institution (or another institution which is related to archeology) – contact with such institution is responsibility of the student
– students who do not want to take part in the excavations under the circumstances and for various reasons (justification required) may apply for the possibility to postpone them to the next year without any consequences (option not available for third-year undergraduate and second-year master’s students).
If you have any questions I am at your disposal
Dr. Wiesław Więckowski