The MA programme in Bioarchaeology and Archaeological Science is available for holders of a BA in Archaeology or related disciplines who are fluent in English. Admission is conducted through the Central University Recruitment web page.
Registration for Archaeology is open from July 13th until August 12th.
The last day to pay the recruitment/admission fee is August 13th.
PLEASE NOTE! Admitted candidates who do not have an undergraduate degree in Archeology may be required to complete some undergraduate courses in order to eliminate programme differences. In such cases, the decision will be made by the Director for Students’ Affairs at the Institute of Archeology, University of Warsaw, based on the candidate’s submitted documents (transcript of final grades) during Orientation Week (beginning of October, 2019).
Documents required from Candidates for Bachelor’s Degree studies are as follows:
– BA diploma, legalized by either Apostille, the Polish Embassy in your home country, or your country’s Embassy (translated if in a language other than English or Polish)
– Transcript of final grades, legalized by either Apostille, the Polish Embassy in your home country, or your country’s Embassy (translated if in a language other than English or Polish)
– A letter from your University confirming that your diploma entitles you to enroll in MA studies
– The Student ID Application and Personal Questionnaire from your Candidate’s Registration System (IRK) account
– A photocopy of your passport or other ID.
The above can be sent as scans via e-mail. They are required for issuing a Probationary Letter of Admission valid until 30 September.
Original copies of the above documents in paper form, as well as the items that follow, must be submitted by 30 September:
– A health certificate issued by a doctor stating that you are fit to study (translated if in a different language than English or Polish)
– Two ID-sized photos
– Proof of payment for the Student ID
– A B2 level (upper/post-intermediate) or equivalent certificate of proficiency in English.
The list can also be found on the Admission Office Website
There is no tuition fee for citizens of the European Union. We also welcome Erasmus and Erasmus Mundus students of archaeology and related disciplines for one/two semester stays. The cost of the full programme for non-EU students is 4000 Euros (2000 Euros per year). The tuition fee should be paid via bank transfer to your individual student bank account number (the account number will be listed on your USOSweb account page).
The IBAN account number is the individual account number preceded by PL.
The SWIFT account number is the individual account number.
Inquiries concerning recruitment: email@example.com
Inquiries concerning the Internet Admission System: firstname.lastname@example.org
Inquiries concerning student life (dormitories, scholarships, etc.): email@example.com