As of June 5, 2020, a Rector’s new ordinance No. 120 on the submission of the thesis and the remote diploma examination procedure is in force. Please read it and apply the bachelor’s and master’s theses for upcoming defenses.
For the guide how to proceed please contact your supervisor.
The guidelines are in Polish and HERE.
1. Before defending a thesis all the students have to be sure they are qualified.
2. Then they should deliver the following to the Faculty Office for Students (at least 14 working days before the thesis defense date) a written information with the date and time of the examination, and the composition of the Examination Committee (Head of Committee, Supervisor, Reviewer) – and these students have to determine with their supervisor.
3. The employees of the Faculty Office for Students:
– introduce the information delivered by students in the APD system,
– open access to the electronic clearance slips in the USOSweb system.
4. Students should complete Electronic Clearance Slips (including library clearance slip).
Access path: USOSweb – Common Section – Clearance slips
The student adds the title of the thesis in Polish, English abstract and keywords into the APD system. After approving the changes, the student opens a new set, upload the diploma thesis into the APD system in the form of a PDF file (not larger than 15 MB). The name of the file must be in accordance with the instructions contained in Annex 4 to Order No. 8 of the Rector of the University of Warsaw of August 31, 2004, as amended, available at www.apd.uw.edu.pl. File names with division below:
Then the student approves the whole set.
6. During the process please make a payment 60PLN for the diploma (on each personal account bank number).
First-cycle (BA) students who started their studies in the 2019/2020 academic year and second-cycle (MA) students who started their studies in the 2020/2021 academic year – are exempt from the diploma fee. (DZ.U.2021.661; rozdz.9, par.36)
To collect your diploma, please report to the Faculty Office for Students.