As of June 5, 2020, a Rector’s new ordinance No. 120 regarding the submission of the diploma thesis and conducting the diploma exam in a remote mode is in force. Please read it and apply the bachelor’s and master’s theses for upcoming defenses.
At the same time, I would like to remind you that previous ordinances basically excluded the possibility of conducting stationary defense.
For the guide how to proceed please contact your supervisor.
The guidelines are in Polish and HERE.
Before defending a thesis all the students have to be sure they are qualified.
Then they should deliver the following to the Students’ Affairs Office (at least 14 working days before the thesis defense date):
– One copy of the thesis for BA (printed on both sides and bounded!), two bounded copies for MA – printed on both sides.
– Library clearance slip (USOSweb- Common Section – Clearance slips)
– The first three pages of the thesis (digital copy), and the first three pages of the thesis must comprise the following:
Attachment 1 – The title page
Attachment 2- Synopsis (up to 800 characters), keywords (up to 10), Thesis discipline code (Archeologia 08400), thematic classification (the seminar or proseminar name),
– A digital copy of the thesis in PDF format, in a single file (including the attachments listed above, without the signatures in Attachment 3) – (no bigger than 15 MB)
– A written information with the date and time of the examination, and the composition of the Examination Committee (Head of Committee, Supervisor, Reviewer) – and these students have to determine with their supervisor,
A copy of the thesis in .doc format must also be delivered to the thesis supervisor for plagiarism verification.
During the process please make a payment 60PLN for the diploma (on each personal account bank number).
To collect your diploma, please report to the dean’s office of the Faculty of Hosting.
The dean’s office of the student section is located at ul. Krakowskie Przedmieście 26/28 in the new administrative and didactic building of the Faculty of History of the University of Warsaw (next to the Historical Institute of the University of Warsaw), ground floor, room 111.