Course Name: Archaeological Survey
Course Type: field course
Lecturer, time & place: will be announced
During a field survey the students will put their theoretical knowledge into practice and use appropriate tools, including measuring equipment. Special attention will be paid to reading maps and making documentation. The limitations of field survey methods will be discussed.
Techniques of non-invasive research of archaeological sites will also be taught.
Teaching the following skills and competences:
- efficient use of a compass and GPS devices,
- orientation in the field based on topographic maps;
- finding preselected points in the field, including archaeological sites;
- filling in an archaeological site record;
- basic knowledge of the advantages and limitations of the particular non-invasive methods.