Course Name: Techniques of Data Acquisition and Processing
Course Type: lecture & class
Lecturer, time & place: see course schedule
This course is to be held both in a computer lab and in a lecture hall. Lecturers will discuss basic computer-aided methods applicable in archaeology. General software, such as word processors, spreadsheets, databases, management and/or presentation graphics, network services, image processors, data acquisition and processing etc. will be presented. Some modules of the European Computer Driving Licence (ECDL) will be covered.
Due to peculiarities of the archaeological profession, the following issues will also be discussed:
- review of basic office software;
- vector maps of archaeological sites, based on selected examples;
- table creation (databases) and integration of databases with vector drawings;
- scaling and calibration of archival plans;
- 3D models based on vector drawings;
- advanced analysis of archaeological plans and maps.