if you need to contact me, please e-mail me first – after that we can meet on Google Meet and discuss the problem.
I remind you also that any applications should be submitted via USOS, after submitting it generate a PDF and send a copy to me using the email in the uw.edu.pl domain.
Dr. Wiesław Więckowski
I hereby postpone all the remote exams which were to be conducted by prof. R. Chowaniec. You will be notified of the new date at least 7 days before it.
Other changes may be found here: schedule.
Please contact the Instructors for the up-to-date information.
Dr. Wiesław Więckowski
Students preparing for defence – please familiarize yourself with the new guidelines on the remote defence, with instructions on how to prepare for the defence and how to prepare the title page of the thesis.
All information available here
below you find the link to a list of exams taking place in the summer session. Instructors – please inform Students about the dates and requirements related to the applications used, Students – please contact the Instructors to clarify any doubts you may have.
I remind you about the requirement to use the addresses in the uw.edu.pl domain for all contacts and logins during the session (Information about accounts FOR STUDENTS, FOR EMPLOYEES).
List of reported exams and credits.
I would also like to remind all students: if you want to submit any application by USOS, you need: 1) write it; 2) generate a PDF; 3) send a PDF with explanation by e-mail to the deputy student director; 4) ask the Instructor who support your claim to send an e-mail confirming the application (if necessary). You should use e-mail at uw.edu.pl domain.
recent ordinances make it possible to start preparations for field work in the form of excavations.
– contact the instructors, with whom you have already spoke, they have information on what guidelines apply when organizing excavations (what will you have to know and what to expect)
– the number of people in the excavation group will be very limited (up to 10 people per stay)
– third-year undergraduate and second-year master’s students who must carry out excavations to complete their studies and are not enrolled in any so far – please contact Mr. Marcin Wagner – there is a possibility to take part in excavations conducted in Warsaw (if there are places, also other students will be allowed to apply for them)
– students who lack up to 50 hours of excavations to complete their studies may ask for “excavations equivalent” at the Institute (they will work with the excavated artefacts at the Institute’s storage house)
– students who for health (or other) reasons cannot carry out the missing excavation exercises, can carry out some of these exercises in the form of work in a museum-type institution (or another institution which is related to archeology) – contact with such institution is responsibility of the student
– students who do not want to take part in the excavations under the circumstances and for various reasons (justification required) may apply for the possibility to postpone them to the next year without any consequences (option not available for third-year undergraduate and second-year master’s students).
If you have any questions I am at your disposal
Dr. Wiesław Więckowski
The summer exam session at the Institute of Archeology will take place during the first term provided for by the Rector of the University of Warsaw decision of May 5, 2020, i.e. on June 15 – July 5, 2020.
Examinations during the session will be held according to the ordinance of the University of Warsaw Rector of 4 May 2020, i.e. in a remote form using authorized IT tools and applications.
The list and dates of exams, along with information on how they will be conducted and how to register for them, will be published by June 10, 2020.
All possible information on the final language certification exams can be found here: INFO. More information will be available soon.
Elements of Archaeozology (MA Eng):
– instr. dr U. Iwaszczuk – May 28 th – lab 0.29
A new announcement of the Rector regarding the functioning of the university from May 25th on. INFORMATION
Please be informed that from Monday May 25, our Library resumes its operations to a limited extent – there is no possibility to use the Reading Room (Czytelnia). However, returns of books as well as obtaining copy of book/article in form of scan will be possible – only by appointment with librarians.
Please, contact only by e-mail (firstname.lastname@example.org).