About us

The Institute of Archaeology is the largest academic institution of its kind in Poland, one of the largest in the world. It is divided into 17 Departments and 7 Laboratories. It has a staff of c. 100 (researchers, lecturers, technicians and administration staff). The Institute offers instruction in most branches of modern archaeology and related sciences to over 1500 students from different areas of study. At present, the Institute of Archaeology is a unit of the Faculty of History UW, next to Institutes of: History, Art History, Information And Book Studies, Musicology, Ethnology and Cultural Anthropology and the Center for Precolumbian Studies. The Dean of the Faculty is Prof. Dr. Małgorzata Karpińska.

See also History of the Institute